Mal...where?

Fighting the Global War on Malicious Code

ANI Patch Problems?

SANS ISC has a brief notice about some problems with the now-famous ANI patch. One, with Realtek drivers, is confirmed and has its own patch provided by Microsoft. Anyone with other problems is urged to call Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY (which opens at 6am Pacific time).

I installed the patch on my XP lappy yesterday without a hitch. Updating my Vista Enterprise system this morning, however, managed to disassociate my account from its Users directory, creating a TEMP directory at each logon instead. Needless to say, that's a problem. Thankfully, a quick System Restore fixed it. The folks at the ISC said that they haven't received any other complaints with the same issue. Anyone?

- David

Labels: ,

posted by David @ 4:34 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm David From Atlanta, Georgia, United States -- I'm a Computer Science undergrad at Emory University seeking to go into Network Security after grad school. More than that, I am a follower of Christ and a Christian, living the Journey and learning from others who are doing the same. My family and home rest in Fredericksburg, VA.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Helpful Sites

Favorite Forums

Favorite Blogs

Powered By

Powered by Blogger>