Mal...where?

Fighting the Global War on Malicious Code

Worms making the Rounds

Well, looks like the latest spamming of the Storm Worm / Nuwar / Peacomm worm managed to trick quite a few folks -- our University has been experiencing a minor outbreak among computer users who just can't remember that unsolicited EXE's, even in password-protected ZIP files, are a bad, bad thing...

Add to that another computer I'm working-on that was hit with a fresh copy of Delbot / Rinbot today, and we're having fun in IT...I can't imagine what a day like today would be like, should someone release something with as much staying power as Storm Worm (and old favorites like Bagle and Mydoom before it) and, say, a 0-Day 'sploit. Swell.

(To be honest, I get excited in a nerdy sort of way during worm outbreaks. I'm hard-coded to go into Network Security, I swear...)

- David

Labels:

posted by David @ 11:58 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm David From Atlanta, Georgia, United States -- I'm a Computer Science undergrad at Emory University seeking to go into Network Security after grad school. More than that, I am a follower of Christ and a Christian, living the Journey and learning from others who are doing the same. My family and home rest in Fredericksburg, VA.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Helpful Sites

Favorite Forums

Favorite Blogs

Powered By

Powered by Blogger>